Friday, May 2, 2008

Dinner of Champions.


Last night I went to bed around 11pm. Baby boy woke up at 12 am, went back at 12:20. At 1:30 am I was fully aware of having a very vivid but benign dream about visiting some old teacher friends. Nothing scary. I was like, shooting the shit in the dream. All of a sudden I felt myself being pulled into wakefulness... I woke in a pool of sweat. There was sweat actually pooling in my cleavage too. I felt like I had arms and legs of lead and I was sunken into the mattress, unable to move. It was such a strange feeling. I've felt that way before as I often have vivid nightmares. Scary dreams that even freak out others when I re-tell them. But this was really nothing. And yet there I was, like, scared numb in bed. My head was spinning. I felt faint and my heart was fluttering mad.

I got up and tried to walk around to shake off that odd daze that usually follows me after waking that way, but I felt really weak. I guzzled some water. Then I realized I was really hungry. I ransacked (quietly so as to not wake my baby) the fridge and scarfed a hunk of cheese, 4 crackers and a yogurt smoothie. Ahhhh. I felt much better. After I retreated back under the soggy covers and the comfort of sleep that was calling me, I had an epiphany.

I guess the huge bulk bag of sour Jujubes I ate for dinner came back to bite me in the ass. Oh yeah...and I washed them down with a bulk bag of chocolate covered raisins, too. Who needs drugs when sugar is legal?

No comments: